Skip to main content

Privacy and new media

Privacy in new media is a subject that is dear to my heart, although I do know that all of my information since my first username is out there somewhere... I still try to leave as less as possible of digital tracks behind me, not because I want to stay in the shadows but more due to the constant exploit of information by the big internet companies that sell us and our information without any return, while they pad their pockets with billions of dollars every year.

Our privacy is gone, from a long time ago. The one thing that is left for us to do is try and control the distribution of our information and the amount of advertising we receive while we browse the. Recently I had an argument with a friend - I am claiming that our devices are constantly listening to us, while he thinks it's impossible. Our argument finished without us agree on the matter, then later we also had a conversation about drones... The morning after I got a text from my friend with a screenshot of his screen with a commercial for drones... coincidence? I don't think so. We now have devices that respond to voice commands like Siri, Google assistant, and Alexa. These devices respond to a key voice commend, what prevents our devices to listen to us more often and give us related information to the conversation we are having? I think it is happenning wether we want it or not. Our privacy is gone.

Comments

Popular Posts