Blog: Social networking sites

I must say I am not a big fan of social media, actually I try to keep myself away from social media and believe most pepole should as I don't think the common person have the ability to filter social media and to benefit from it rather than being fed by false articles, pictures, posts, etc...

Though I do have a Facebook profile I do not have any presence in twitter nor Snapchat, I do have an instagram account.

I think Facebook has become a tool for people to consume media of the people by the people, meaning most people are there to swipe down look at pictures read some articles and watch various videos. Where I find twitter to be a mess messaging network that is the public view, in Twitter would chose who to follow according to their type of personality and interest.

I do want to point out two other networks that I use regularly which are Linkedin and Stackoverflow. Linkedin is a social network for professionals in various fields - It has a more official feel and the users will not post any pictures from their latest vacation nor funny inappropriate videos. It's more of a tool to maintain your professional network and to seek new opportunities. Stackoverflow is a community based question/answers network - there is not much of free discussion going on nor posting on random subject but more of question answer type of relationship between the users, in Stackoverflow the popularity of the users is not measured by the amount of followers but more about the quality and the amount of questions they answered and contributed to the community.

Comments

Popular Posts